West st. Paul Curling Club has implemented a number of new measures to keep curlers and the community safe this season in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. This will require a community effort to ensure everyone stays healthy and keep the curling club operational for the seasons. Please familiarize yourself with these rules and procedures prior to the start of the season.
What you need to know
- All Leagues will have a slightly reduced playtime and will use a 1 hour and 40 minute bell.
- Draw times will be staggered starting with 6:45 and 7:00pm for the early draws, followed by 9:00 and 9:15pm for the late draws.
- There will be only one sweeper allowed at a time and the skips cannot sweep opposing rocks that pass the T-line.
- No hand shakes before or after the game.
- One person is designated to mark the score. The winning team will be responsible for sanitizing the score marks at the end of each game.
- There will be no extra ends or skips rocks. Games that result in a tie will split points.
- Any individual exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 will not enter the club. The Executive at their sole discretion will reserve the right to request people to leave.
- The locker room will be available for use, however we will limit the number of people at any given time to respect public health guidelines.
- This policy is subject to change. The Executive will monitor this as the season progresses.
- All curlers must sign a Curl Canada waiver and provide an email address for contact tracing purposes. Spares will require waivers.
- Hand Sanitizer and disinfectant materials will be available in the club.
- Each team will be required to clean rocks before and after the start of each game with disinfectant materials provided by the club.
- All persons entering the facility will be required to sanitize their hands upon entry into the building.
- The facility will be continuously cleaned.
- Entrances and exits to the building and onto the ice surface will be clearly marked with directional arrows.
- Spectators and patrons of the bar/restaurant will be permitted in the club as observers.
- All spectators and patrons of the bar/restaurant must respect social distancing guidelines.
- Masks will be required for all spectators. Exceptions will be made if at the bar or having food services.
- Club facilities will be set up to ensure social distancing requirements established by public health are followed.
- Walk-up bar service will not be available. Service will be provided at your table
- We encourage curlers to continue to support club services before and after your games.
West St. Paul Curling Club will work to adhere all Public Health guidelines and recommendations related to return-to-play put forward by Curl Canada. Guidelines can be found at www.curling.ca/return-to-play. Guidelines and public health orders are subject to change and the curling club is committed to following the most current directives and protocols in place.